Saturday, October 11, 2008

Last Weekend In Seattle

48 Hours from now I will be on a plane and heading toward OKC!!! Unbelievable. This is going to be my last Seattle weekend for a while and it should be interesting. Thursday the trailer showed up and it is HUGE. It is 28' and when you drop the ramp it takes up even more space. I definitely need to start getting pictures on here because this thing is a monster.

Last night went to my last Mountlake Terrace football game and they beat Shorewood 14-0. As many of you know, I am a Terrace alum and proudly follow the team even though we haven't had a winning season since 1986 (I think I jinxed them since I entered the school the following year and we only won 5 games in the 4 years that I was a player in the program). My high school friend Tony is the Head Coach and he has the Hawks at 3-3 for the season so this could be the year and unfortunately I will have to follow them from afar. Met up with my friends Dave and Andrea (Tony's wife) and even ran into my friend and longtime Sonics co-worker Mark Moquin who was there because his wife works at Shorewood. The game was at Shoreline Stadium so I decided to give myself one last treat on the way home and picked up a pizza from Spiros. They have the #1 pizza in town and it remains to be seen if anyone in OKC can top them.

Tonight at 7:30 I am going to be at Jersey's in Shoreline so that I can meet up with and say goodbye to friends. I sent out a massive e-mail to as many people as I could but everyone is invited (it wasn't a dis if you weren't on the e-mail, I just did it quickly and I'm sure I left some people out). Will be there until at least 11:00 so feel free to drop by if you read this today. This is a very last minute thing. I had family and friends asking if I was going to do a going away party and initially I said no for a couple of reasons. 1) Wasn't sure if time would allow it. 2) Didn't want to make a big deal out of it. This is still my home base and I will be back in the area whenever I can so I didn't want to create a sappy environment where it felt as though everyone was attending a wake. I started to give it more thought though and came to the realization that I have so many people in my life that mean a lot to me, therefore the more of them that I can see before leaving would be great. Also gives me a great excuse to get away from the whole "moving" thing for a few hours and have some fun :-)

Got to go for now. There should be a lot to report on this weekend so I will be sure to add to the blog 2 or 3 more times before the end of the weekend.

No comments: