Monday, October 13, 2008

3 Hours from Pick Up

It is a little past midnight and the packing is finally completed. My Dad and I just put the finishing touches on the trailer at around 11:30 and the airport shuttle is coming to pick up in 3 hours. Hope I can sleep on the plane.

I had a very enjoyable day yesterday. My friend Alyssa informed the Seattle Times about my blog on Friday and on Saturday longtime great Seattle Times Photographer Rod Mar was at my house taking pictures of me loading up the trailer while I was wearing an old Sonics sweatshirt and a Thunder hat. Don't know when and if the picture will end up in the paper but I will be sure to keep everyone posted.

Had a great time at Jersey's last night. Estimated that around 40 people showed up to say goodbye and I thank every one of them. Good to see my friends and family one more time before heading out.

Tomorrow's schedule: fly to OKC and arrive around 12:45 PM, go to the car dealership and hope that my new purchase is still on the lot waiting for me, go to the Thunder office to check in, get to apartment building between 3:00-4:00 to check in and introduce myself to my new place, go to store and get a few things (#1 item tomorrow will be air matress), go to bed in my empty apartment. Tuesday morning I have the cable company coming between 8:00-10:00 to get me hooked up and then I will head over to the arena to work the first Oklahoma City Thunder basketball game ever played in the Ford Center.

Won't have a computer in my apartment for a while but I will hopefully be able to hop on a computer at the Thunder's office and get everyone a progress report.

Hope everyone is doing well. Take care of the Pacific Northwest while I am away.
Steve

No comments: